Department: juwi Energie Rinnovabili Srl
Title of position: Construction (Site) Manager
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Italy / Verona
About the role
The Construction Manager will be responsible for on-site management and construction of commercial & industrial (C&I) scale solar PV EPC projects in Italy and the EMEA Region, including full responsibility for technical, environmental and safety compliance; cost, quality, schedule, integration, stakeholders, logistics and security. Focus on quality management and control is paramount. This position is regarded as a hands-on, site based, skilled construction management role.
- Accountable for the successful on-site execution of C&I solar PV EPC projects from construction planning and establishment through commissioning, energisation and handover.
- Formal construction management in accordance with company procedures & processes, legislation, standards and industry best practise; including technical, cost, schedule, quality, and stakeholder aspects.
- The Construction Manager will report to the Technical Director of juwi Italy and the Head of Construction EMEA
- Responsible for management and reporting on construction and commissioning progress (schedule, costs, risk, quality, SHE, compliance etc.).
- Adopt, implement and improve where necessary the juwi construction management standards/ processes to minimize project risk and maximize performance.
- Ensure compliance with all specifications and requirements in accordance with drawings and specification associated with construction quality, test & commissioning and handover.
- Responsible for achieving construction schedule and payment milestones, including preparation/ compilation of all supporting documentation.
- Coordination and cooperation with relevant internal and external interfaces.
- Ensure full compliance with the QHSE regulations, legislation, standards, codes and requirements in the Region.
- Responsible for the technical handover to O&M and/or the Owner
juwi is looking for the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
- Engineering or master degree or High school diploma (civil, mechanical,), Electrical qualification would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years construction management experience in Electrical infrastructure projects with overall responsibility, 2 years of which gained managing large scale solar PV plants including grid connection (MV).
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally (suppliers and customers).
- A proven track record in successfully delivering projects on time, on budget, safely and compliant with technical & quality requirements and standards.
- Experience of working autonomously, as the position requires leadership, decision making and problem solving.
- Conversant with construction management (control and monitoring) tools, MS Project, BIM (Building integrated model), MS Office, AutoCAD, etc.
- Demonstrable experience of construction cost, schedule, risk, technical and quality management and control, e.g. Quality Control Plan.
- Conversant with construction, environmental and safety requirements and legislation.
- An understanding of standard contract forms and contract management.
- Italian: native speaker; English: fluent speaker.
- Demonstrable ability to work in matrix organizations and to operate in a culturally diverse international environment.
- Team player with demonstrable leadership qualities
- National and international travel will be required in line with business requirements.
- In addition to the duties mentioned above, the job holder is required to carry out other duties that are in essence part of his area of activity, according to his knowledge and abilities.
To apply, please send us your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including cover letter, full CV and credentials (related to school, university, work etc.) and stating your salary expectation. Please insert the job title in the email Subject Line.
We are looking forward to your energy!